"You will never be completely home again, because part of your heart will always be somewhere else. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place."

Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013

Australia Zoo

Today I finally saw kangaroos, because we went to the Australia Zoo with the other International Students and the students from Japan.
I had to go by bike to school and so I was a bit angry, because the whole way is like a roller coaster ride, but when I arrived at school and realised that I have no school my mood changed ahah!
After 30 minutes the bus arrived at the zoo. We got a map and after that we started our tour in little groups through the zoo.
Our first stop were the alligators. There were small and big ones but all of them were lazy..just as the koalas. They looked so cute while they were sleeping (they sleep 18-20 hours a day) and one of them had a baby in her arms. This was so sweet because I only saw the arm and the face of the baby which lay in the arms of their mother. I really wanted to take one of them home but I think they wouldn't come with me ahah!
After that we passed the two camels and went to the snake house. We saw plenty different snakes behind glass walls. Most of them were sleeping and one moved right in front of the window which was very amazing.
Our next stop was the kangaroo park. It's a big grass field with many kangaroos jumping around or laying on the ground. They were so trusting that we could touch them as well. Before we went there I thought that kangaroos are always grey or brown but I saw also red kangaroos there.
Then we went to the wombats. These little animals are so sweet! They smell a bit and they are also not very nice to touch, because their skin is not very fluffy but they are just cute as they are!
Our last point of the zoo tour were the tigers, elephants, giraffes and zebras. Some zookeeper were standing relaxed in the tiger house, then one of the tigers started to run 1m in front of them and all of them jumped away like they have never seen a running tiger before ahah!
At half past eleven we met the others of the group and went to the "Alligator Show".
It wasn't only a alligator show, because there were also birds. But the part where the people fed the alligator was the most exciting!
After a long day in the zoo we went back to Caloundra! I'm so lucky that I touched a koala, kangaroo and wombat, and I think nobody in Germany has done this before ahah!










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen